Sunday, September 29, 2013

Rejuvenate

My mom has taken a trip with her mom and 2 sisters each fall for many years. When my grandmother passed away a few years ago, my mom began to invite me and her cousins to join them. Each year the three of then take turns choosing a city to visit for a long weekend and off they go. Last year we went to savannah, one of my favorite cities. This year, my aunt choose because it is her 50th birthday and she wanted a big party - so off to Key West we went!

I have never been to Key West and really didn't know what to expect. For a town known for it's parrothead parties, I was surprised at the charm that abounded.

I will write more about the island in a later post but what I want my children and husband to know is that everyone needs time to rejuvenate and refresh. We cannot be at our best when we go day in and day out without a moment to step away and breathe.

Sometimes that breath is a quiet, secluded beach. Sometimes it is a glistening, snowy mountain. Sometimes it is a bustling city block. But sometimes it a simple time out from what is normal even in your own living room. I hope to cultivate more of those moments for all of us in the near future.

No comments:

Post a Comment